Shawn Bowen's Fund

Monday, September 10, 2007

Recent Happenings

It's been a while since I've updated the blog. Sorry to keep everyone waiting. I 'll try to never let it happen again.

Recently, Lauren took a broom into her room to clean her fan. While she was on the bed, she lost her footing, and fell off. My mom and I were in the living room and oblivious to any of this. Lauren came into the living room and told us about the fall, and said that something caught her when she lost her footing. She looked us so seriously and asked us what had caught her and keep her from hurting herself. My mom and I looked at each other with wide eyes, and the only thing I could think to tell Lauren was that every night we pray for protection over Landon and Lauren, and God is watching over her. Crazy stuff!

A few days ago, my good friend Jessica Durbin sent me a text message with a challenge that she was facing, and asked me to pray. I felt privileged to be asked to pray for someone. It may not seem like a big deal to some people, but it made me feel great!

Special thanks to the Spencer crew for moving Jessie's stove and refrigerator to my house. They are a great group of guys. What would I do without the Spencers in my life?

TTFN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! A blog! I love answered prayers. I hope you will pray for me too. I am going to the dermatologist today and maybe it will settle what is going on with my body. Check out my blog if you'd like details on the rash, its quite attractive. :-)