Shawn Bowen's Fund

Saturday, July 28, 2007

I've Been Through "The Change"

I am happy to announce that within the past month, I have rededicated my life to the Lord. It's true. I'm a new person. I thought about deleting out my old blog posts because they reflect a person I never want to be, and I'm embarrassed of the way that I was. However, I decided to keep them to show the true turnaround in my life.

In the last few months, I have been through some really hard times. As a result, I'm going through a divorce again. I've started attending the Christian University classes on Finance at Charlestown Independent Church on Wednesday nights. Now that I will have a truck payment and mortgage to pay all by myself, I need to make sure that I am spending and saving money wisely and ensure that my kids are taken care of.

Last Sunday at church, Jessie, Beth and I sang "Through the Fire". I've never been touched so greatly by a song as when I first heard that one. I was incredibly nervous, and it is a testimony in itself that I didn't pass out when I stood before the congregation. I think we did okay, and I know that people were touched by the message in the song. The CIC Chicks are busy looking for their next collaboration, and I think that we may have found it. I would tell you what it is, but then it would ruin the surprise. I guess you'll just have to be at church that Sunday to hear it.

I want to thank my grandma, mom, Jessie, Beth, and the countless others that have been praying for me over the last few years. I'm glad to be back. ;)

9 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

Praise God... He's awesome!

Sulayne said...

So awesome! God has amazing things awaiting you!!! By the way, Lauren is so precious. I loved having her in Jr. Kid Church this morning. Tony kept saying that she looks just like you!

Anonymous said...

I was touched by reading your blog and touched yet again when Jessie testified about you in church today. God Bless you. God does amazing things you would never expect!

Rachel said...

Cara, that's awesome!!!

scoomer said...

You go girl! What an awesome story!!

Anonymous said...

Yea! God is faithful, and He has great plans for you. You'll be in my prayers.
Brian Tibbs

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

How awesome! I am so full of joy to have run across your blog and to have found such a wonderful post! May God Bless You!

Heather & Hailey said...

I've always looked up to you and I have even more of a reason to now. You are an amazing person. I hope you always remember that.

Tasha Lehman said...

Cara - I have to say that I have said a prayer for you every time I checked your myspace page out. I am so happy that you have found the true joy of God in your life. I hope for the best for you! The angels are still singing over ya! Yeah!