Shawn Bowen's Fund

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Recent Tests Thrown My Way

Who knew that life wouldn't be perfect after following the Lord's will? HA! Just teasing...

I recently found out that the smallest life events can prove to be a test in the walk of a Christian. When shopping at Walmart for school supplies, I picked up a coupke of t-shirts for Lauren. Later that night when unpacking and sorting through the bags, I noticed that two pink t-shirts were folded up together. After checking the receipt, I realized that I was only charged for one. I knew that I needed to go back and pay for the t-shirt that I had not been charged for.

A couple of days later, I went back to Walmart to pay for the shirt. The lady at the front door assumed I was returning something, and when I told her that I was actually back to pay for it, she looked at me like I was crazy. I did a little shopping, paid for the shirt, and also a pool with some extra floaties. When I loaded the back of the Expedition with the stuff I bought, I noticed that there were three floaties under the pool that I hadn't paid for. I couldn't believe that in trying to do the honest thing had resulted in the very same situation. I quickly handed them off to a lady pushing cars into the store and said "I didn't pay for these". She looked at me like I was crazy, but took them anyway. Before, I would have just chalked it up to being overcharged in past visits and kept all of the items that I wasn't charged for.

It's weird how my mentality has completely changed. The Lord is leading my footsteps, and I'm trying to not resist. I pray everyday for his direction and help in my decision making because I know that I can't trust myself to know what to do without His help.

Keep me and my family in your prayers. I don't mind to be on the "Sharing and Caring" prayer request board now. ;)

2 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

Well - that made me tear up...

God is good... I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Yee Haw! I love what God puts in our heads and hearts. You rock!