Shawn Bowen's Fund

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'm Not Mean, You're Just Stupid

Back by popular demand, it's me, Cara G. It's pronounced 'care-uh'. Don't even come at me with 'car-uh' or I'll smack you right through your face. No, just kidding. Or maybe not. It's really a tough call with me sometimes, and I recognize that I am a meanie.

I am on a mission to be nicer. Vanilla Nice-that's my rap name. No, really...I have realized that I am a great big ball of fire, and I'm good with that. My moods swing like the rope (not the pole) that Georgette hurt herself on. Maybe it's the stress (see previous post) or maybe it's just that in my older age, I'm growing more and more weary in dealing with petty issues. Come on, we're all adults here. Let's face the facts that there are just some really stupid people in the world.


Okay, I feel much better now. On to more interesting topics...like the "Cara Fever".

I don't want to reveal too much about this serious affliction, but let me tell you brothers and sisters, it is real. I think it's my innate ability to remain aloof and emotionally unattached. I can get the boys to come a'runnin'. It's insane! Maybe it's because I joke and make 'em laugh and make them feel so good about themselves, and then I just get up and walk away to talk to someone else more interesting. I don't know. It must be a challenge to see if they can actually snag me. Sometimes I tease and hold my arms out in front of me, moving them up and down, saying "I am the Puppet Master", but sometimes I wonder if I really am. It's too bad most lie about having girlfriends (or worse...wives), but either way, I am so not looking to date. I'm fresh out of a 7 year relationship, and I sure don't want another headache. I'm very content just being single, happy, free, and independent. If you ever hear about the "Cara Fever", just know that sometimes it lays dormant, but it always results in periodic outbreaks, and there is no cure.

I love being me ;)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Youare so silly! The Puppet Master you are!!! :) Teach me Grasshopper!!!!