Shawn Bowen's Fund

Friday, July 11, 2008

Another Medical Mystery

I admit it. I have a hot doctor. While I do adore visiting him, I'm ready to be well. Here are the details the latest health issue...

Wednesday night after work I picked up some balloons and fixins for my cubicle life partner's (Robin) 40th birthday. Along with Landon, Maggie, and Lauren, I went back to work to decorate her desk. While blowing up the balloons, I noticed that my lips felt a little funny. Then I noticed that I was talking a little weird. Then I looked in the mirror, and they were swollen! I figured that I must be allergic to the latex or the powder in the balloons. No big deal, right?

The next morning I woke and my eyes were completely bloodshot and sore. I went on in to work, put in some Visine A (for allergies) eye drops, and continued on about my day. When this didn't resolve the issue, I decided to make an appointment with Dr. Hoke. (I could have gotten an earlier appointment with the other doctor at the practice, but I was willing to wait for Dr. McDreamy.)

He looked at my eyes while I told him about the balloon incident. He felt like that while I probably did have an allergic reaction to something in the balloons, I might also have an infection in at least one, if not both eyes. I asked if he had put a hex on me, since I've been soooo sick since starting to see him, and he said he did have a house payment to make. :) Cute and funny...SWEET!

Armed with my prescription eye drops, I went on about my evening as normal.

When I woke up this morning, my eyes were almost swollen shut. They were ultra swollen (including below my eyes), gunky, and hurt pretty bad.

I'm doing much better now, but my eyes still hurt and are red. The girls at work have treated me like I am diseased, and the anti-bacterial hand gel is a-flowing! In fact, I told Beth Spencer that when she is on vacation next week, I'm gonna rub my eyes all over her desk so that she can catch "the eye funk". :)

Jessie wanted me to join her for dinner tonight along with some coworkers from out of town, but I feel really ugly because of my disease-ridden eyes, plus my tummy hurts really bad from the missing gallbladder. I decided to stay home, and just hide my face from the outside world. I really miss my liquid eyeliner and mascara. I'm just not the same without it. :)

1 comment:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA


you should blog more often.

And stay away from my desk...


;-)