Shawn Bowen's Fund

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Great News! I'm Alive!

The surgery to remove my gallbladder went well on Monday. The doctor had a tough time getting to my gallbladder, so he had to open up an extra hole in my tummy, so I have 5 cuts instead of the normal 4. I have been ultra sore for the past few days (not tummy tuck sore, but it still hurts even so). Today I felt well enough to go with Jessie to her doctor's appointment. Dr. French looked at my belly, and assured me that everything looks like it is healing well. That was a big relief!

I can't drive because of the pain medication, so I'm relying on Jessie and Mom to tote me around. I'm hoping that Jessie will take me to Sam's tomorrow, so I can pick up some last minute ingredients for all of the goodies I will be making for Matt's birthday. Jessie's boyfriend, Matt turned 30 on July 2nd, and we are going to her Dad's on Friday to celebrate. It should be fun. I can't wait to go for a ride in the Gator and maybe wade in the creek.

I had to postpone the Upper GI, since I just didn't feel up to it, but I plan on rescheduling for sometime next week. More info to come on that test and the results...stay tuned. :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Wesely said...

Girl, if you need a ride somewhere, just let me know...